Carmichael’s Cashway Pharmacy, Inc. began operations as a local retail pharmacy in Crowley, Louisiana in September 1969 and, not too long after that, realized the need to support patients in institutional facility settings. The realization of this need has prompted us to develop and implement systems, practices and procedures vital to our integration and relationship with our institutional partners, facilitating our successful satisfaction of the medication needs of their and our patients.
Carmichael’s institutional pharmacy services include providing specialty and non-specialty pharmaceuticals and biological products to institutional clients and patients in institutional settings, such as nursing homes, hospices and correctional facilities. Our experienced and highly trained professional staff of licensed pharmacists and pharmacy technicians is always available 24 hours a day to meet all of your pharmacy needs.
Institutional Areas of Service:
- Nursing Homes and Other Similar Long-Term Care Facilities
- Behavioral Hospitals
- Developmental Disabilities Facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Long-Term Acute Care Facilities
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Group Homes for Individuals
- Hospice Care Facilities
- Home Health Organizations
- Rural Hospitals and Clinics
- Adult and Other Day Programs
- Correctional Facilities
- Facility and Pharmacy System Integration, Ordering and Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) Production, Monitoring and Review (e.g., American HealthTech, PointClickCare®)
- Medication Administration Record (MAR) Production, Monitoring and Review
- Facility and Pharmacy System Integration with and Pharmacy-Controlled Filling of Automated Dispensing Systems (ADS) (e.g., MedDispense® ADS)
- Prescription Management Systems (e.g., Doc-U-Dose®, Parata®, Carded Medications) Utilization
- Physician Order Processing
- Treatment Sheet Preparation
- Outcomes Analysis and Review
- Formulary Analysis and Implementation
- In-Service Training Program Presentation
- Patient Care Servicing 24-hours-a-day
- Emergency On-Call Pharmacists and Delivery Technicians Accessibility
- Customized Delivery and Distribution
Carmichael’s appreciates the opportunity to partner with our institutional pharmacy customers and, hopefully, to assist them in meeting their goals and objectives regarding patient medication servicing and management. Carmichael’s is committed to providing the highest standard of comprehensive services to our patients affiliated with institutional care facilities. Carmichael’s accreditation by The Joint Commission ensures that Carmichael’s meets the highest industry standards. Our institutional pharmacy staff, with decades of experience, is available for you and your patients on a 24-hours-a-day basis. In-services at an institutional facility can be arranged upon request. We are locally operated and are dedicated to the well-being of our community, our healthcare partners and our patients.
Please contact a Carmichael’s representative today to discuss any institutional pharmacy needs or to request additional information.